• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Different trans mounts for 89 5spd?

5.0 Junkie

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 Cherokee, 2dr, 4.0, 5spd. Case can split on the trans. I can't remember which one that is. Anyway. Ordered stock engine and trans mounts. Engine ones went in and hit a snag on the trans. The stock one is held to the trans by 4 bolts. The one I got is 2. My original one mounts to the crossmember with 4 widely spaced bolts. The replacement had 4, but were much closer together than factory. There were holes in the crossmember to match. We order from Napa here and they are usually very accurate. Do I have some weird setup or did they just mess up once?

Split case is the BA10/5 trans. The mount is different than the AX15, and alot more expensive/harder to find. IIRC, Bronco on this board had a relatively new one he was selling a while back....don't know if he still has it?
HTH,
Jeff

I was afraid of that. Thanks!!

Jeff in VA said:
Split case is the BA10/5 trans. The mount is different than the AX15, and alot more expensive/harder to find. IIRC, Bronco on this board had a relatively new one he was selling a while back....don't know if he still has it?
HTH,
Jeff

Back