• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Traction Bar Idea

Zebaru

NAXJA Member #938
I am planning on putting together a rear traction bar like so many guys are running. Nothing new there, but I am thinking about how to attach the front, and have seen various versions of shackles and rod ends to allow the necessary movement while resticting the upward travel of the bar.

What I was thinking is why wouldn't some sort of flexible attachment like a cable or synthetic line work? The length would be short, and that could cause some end termination problems, but given that I could figure that out, would there be any reason this wouldnt work? I dont think strength would be an issue, and it seems to me to do exactly what you would want the front attachment to do - limit upward movement without restricting any other (no binding).

Opinions?

Zebaru

Keep in mind that, depending upon the type of wheelin' you do, much of the weight of the vehicle oftentimes ends up on your traction bar as you roll over obstacles. In addition, you may be surprised how much a workout this bar gets when you hit the throttle or flex. The attachments need to be pretty stout. HTH ...

Les

Back