• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any one knows Avon tyres?

I have experience with their motorcycle tires, was unaware they made tires for the XJ. The bike tires are very good but can be a pain the butt to mount.

Sarge

IIRC Avon = Cooper I've used coop on my old minivans with no harmful side effects. The did what tires are supposed to do until they were too old to do it. Get some.

asatxj said:
IIRC Avon = Cooper I've used coop on my old minivans with no harmful side effects. The did what tires are supposed to do until they were too old to do it. Get some.

Right on! Cooper purchased Avon Tires in the Mid 90 and with it acquired a line of ULTRA HP tires. The Avon line used to be made in Europe but not sure now. I have used Coopers on my vehicles since the mid 80's and my Dad used them since the late 60's.

HTH
Travis

I ran 31 x 10.5 Avon mt's on my xj, daily driver, ocassional wheeler and trail rig. Not one problem with them, they run quiet and smooth, but still grip in snow and deep mud. Great tires

Back