• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LUVMYJP: I finally got some 8" rims

JohnJohn

Member #42
DSC00486.jpg

Finnally my 35x12.50s are looking normal. I got some 15x8 Canyons this week and completed installing them today. I had to get the holes milled out to except the front hub conversion.

Last edited:
Looks damn good. Much better than those "straight outta '85" jeep mag/spoke things you were rocking on the red XJ on BigOffroad back in the day, LOL!!

I believe its his Own lift. Unless its a different John John, with a different green XJ, He has a shop/website called BigOffroad.com
Last i checked, he was running his shop's stuff.
8" coils w/ spacer?
8" bigoffroad leafs, fabricated for bigoffroad by ?Alcan?...
I attempted to purchase a set last year, seeing as how these are likely the best leaf springs on the entire market, but shipping to alaska was more than half the price of the springs themselves!!! :doh: :bawl:

Last edited:
Alaskaflyr said:
I may be driving up to Alaska this summer. If I do, I'll have plenty of room for parts and whatnot in my truck. I'll let you know when orders come out.

Gary

Really? hmmm... what service? Im AF and am at elmendorf AFB. Eilson AFB is just north of us up in fairbanks. If youre Army, then you'll very likely be at ft. Richardson, which is Elmendorf's "siamese twin". If you can get up here in summer, the sooner the better!!! Alaskan summers are absolutely beautiful. And the wheeling is like NOTHING in the lower 48. Theres a pretty large 4x4 community up here, and if your an XJ driver you'll have plenty of folks to wheel with, real quick.
Keep in touch Gary. Shoot me a PM if youve got any questions about being stationed up here. ive been here for over 2 years now and can probably answer most quetions.

I'm actually Coast Guard, work on the Helo's in Kodiak, I've already been stationed there for 8 years, just doing my time in the city of angeles (yeah right) I know Elmendorf well. I should know about my orders by late January.

Talk to ya later

Gary

I can vouch for the springs. The first time I fired up the stroker, I wrapped a set of Rustys. I got the BOR leafs and have beat the hell out of them and absolutely no problems.

JohnJohn said:
DSC00486.jpg

Finnally my 35x12.50s are looking normal. I got some 15x8 Canyons this week and completed installing them today. I had to get the holes milled out to except the front hub conversion.

bout time......I say the Tippy Pickle is still too tall for it's own good........

Xjeeper, im giving you a negative reputation point just for saying the phrase "tippy pickle" in public... :twak: :laugh: ... and coupling it with "too tall" :roflmao:

WayneXJ said:
still looks like a flexy brick..... :laugh3:

Again...I deserve that.

The next trip to Moab will a much more enjoyable one. The 8" rims really do a much better job of letting the BFG rest of the sidewalls properly. I shouldn't get any more of this at 15psi. The lack of flex in the rear is my fault I should have taken the new leafs out a few times before expecting them to flex. I bet if I had towed my pop-up to Moab that trip they would have flexed better after that. I tell customers every time they odrer to give the leafs a break in period...then I don't take my own advice. :p

Now it's time to start building my rear bumper. I have any idea, but will post it in a new thread.

Back