• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All hail the mighty XJ!

87xjpioneer757

NAXJA Forum User
Man, I love my Jeep! The wipers on my S10 don't work half the time, and neither does the Defrost. We had a torrential downpour here in Suffolk, VA this morning when I was getting ready for work, so I decided to drive my Xj instead. (it's not registered or inspected) The big Cherokee came through for me! Best thing I've evr seen in the mud too! I think I need to invest in legalizing my truck so i can drive it all the time now! :D

wait till the wipers on the jeep stop working to....its sucks....then wait till the defros is the only thing the does work...it sucks but the 4.0 AW4 combo...now that rocks!!!

I've had my Jeep for nearly 3 years now, and I still say to myself nearly every day "man I love this truck!" I have not for one moment regretted buying a Cherokee.

I had considered buying a TDI Jetta, but decided I wanted something more fun and didn't want to just ride offroad - I wanted a truck of my own, finally (I had been going riding with my dad for years, but after a few years of college I knew I couldn't live with wheeling only twice a year!) Even now that gas prices have doubled, whenever I think back on that decision, I think to myself, "It was worth it."

YMMV (but it probably won't)

I just fixed the wipers on my mom's S-10. I believe there are 3 torx screws you need to take off. Take out the defective part and replace, or beef up the solder points on the back. There are good write-ups if you google the right words. It took me 30 minutes, and it works perfectly.

100% agreement on the XJ and jeeps in general. After passing 245,000mi on my 98 it has surpassed anything I have ever owned for quality and reliability not to mention ease of maintenance. Even after 8 years it is still not out of style either.... I've also had that same feeling while going around corners on back roads and rural areas of NE Pa, Man I love my jeep...even when driving one of the kids TJ's, they are just so cool....
We also added two more jeeps to the street, my sons friend down the street bought two, a 98TJ for himself and an absolutely mint 95YJ for his sister.

S10 is a 98. I would love to have the wipers working correctlyg, it's a good truck as well, and I think the defrost problem is a bad water pump, it only heats up when I run high revs. I'll Google the problem and see what comes up.

Back