• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring install question -need help!

Codhead

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to install 3" lift springs on my '95. I have one side in, and cannot get enough droop to install the other.

I've disconnected the sway bar, shocks, and lower control arms. Cannot get the bolts for the track bar and/or drag link out (they seem to be pressed in?).

Don't really want to use spring compressors, but it looks like I may need to.

Any suggestions.

...and yes, I've searched the forum, and could not find an answer

Did you try raising the opposite side of the side that you want to droop? If you tried already then disconnect the track bar next, or just use a compressor.

Yep - jacked it up as high as it would go - no luck. Can't get the bolt for the track bar out...tried...

You're local auto parts store should let you buy/rent a special fork (sometimes called "pickle forks") that will help you get the track bar off. That is what is hold the other side up and preventing you from getting enough drop to slide in the spring. Have a buddy help, one pull the axle down and the other push the spring into place. I just did this on my 95 about a month ago.

The axle end bolts of the sway bar have to be cut and removed with a gear puller.

clay

Back