• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear Manufacturer question

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I need a set of 4.56's for a HP44 but as usual $$$ are an issue. I see pretty good deals on Yukon gears. Their axles are rated OK, but I have no experience with their gears. Anybody have some input. I need to keep it to about $200 for gears and kit. Input, other options?

Is it me or have the kits gotten more expensive over the last few years? I'm half tempted to try and find a used set of gears since this is pretty much a trail only rig.

old_man said:
I need a set of 4.56's for a HP44 but as usual $$$ are an issue. I see pretty good deals on Yukon gears. Their axles are rated OK, but I have no experience with their gears..
Some of the Yukon gears are repackaged spicers. ANyways I got Yukon F&R and so far no problems.

Tom, for gears that are only going to see low-mileage due to hubs, I wouldn't worry about using Yukons at all. I've been told that even bad gears setup decently, will last 50k miles. How long is it going to take you to actually wheel 50k miles? Just something to think about.

Ary

I ran used gears in my D35 for about 50K miles with no problems. The key is in knowing how to set them up on used gears. The problem I've seen is that people want $100 for a set of used gears when you can buy them for $119 shipped, new.

old_man said:
I ran used gears in my D35 for about 50K miles with no problems. The key is in knowing how to set them up on used gears. The problem I've seen is that people want $100 for a set of used gears when you can buy them for $119 shipped, new.

All I can say about Yukons is that mine setup really well. I didn't have much luck with Superiors. I know there was a recent thread on gear quality. Try searching for posts with Rawbrown, he always has something to say when there is a gear thread! :D

If your looking for a good price, Rawbrown is worth checking out.

Back