• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extreme lca angles

pigwheelz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running 4.5 inches of lit, and I plan on going over 6.5 in the near future. I already have extreme LCA angles, and I'd like to know how to solve this problem the best way. New adjustable control arms? Drop brackets? ???

Using longer adjustable lower control arms will permit you to adjust toward a compromise between problematic caster and problematic pinion angle. They will have no better than a negligible impact on the angle at which the control arms rest, however. Your options for decreasing the angle of your lower control arms are drop brackets and a long arm setup. As to which is better . . . do a search and settle in for a long winter of reading.

I know RE has drop brackets, and I know I've seen drop brackets on the trailmaster 4.5 inch. Is there a way to get trailmaster's seperate from the lift, or am I going to have to ask around for a set?

Without spending a fair amount of money, drop brackets are they way.

pigwheelz said:
I know RE has drop brackets, and I know I've seen drop brackets on the trailmaster 4.5 inch. Is there a way to get trailmaster's seperate from the lift, or am I going to have to ask around for a set?

have Ken's Offroad make ya some LA's... he's local

If LAs are out of your budget, you better be ready for the potential problems with the DBs. At that height, your steering will probably hit the pass side swaybar mount on the axle. If your not able to weld/fab that is gonna cost you some cash to get fixed.

What LCAs are you running now? Please tell me it's not the stockers?

Bottom line. If your on that much of a budget, maybe you should hold off on going to 6.5" until your ready to deal with the problems that might occur.

$30? What'd you use, sched 80 stove pipe?

>yikes!>

96country said:
If LAs are out of your budget, you better be ready for the potential problems with the DBs. At that height, your steering will probably hit the pass side swaybar mount on the axle. If your not able to weld/fab that is gonna cost you some cash to get fixed.

What LCAs are you running now? Please tell me it's not the stockers?

Bottom line. If your on that much of a budget, maybe you should hold off on going to 6.5" until your ready to deal with the problems that might occur.

I am running aftermarket fixed lca's, and here is a parts list for my future plans-

adjustable uca's
drop pitman arm
discos
sye and cv driveshaft
4.56's
lca drop brackets
1.5 inch greasable shackles
new 6 inch coils

I already have-

4.5 inch lift with full packs
hd trac bar w frame mount
hd tie rod
ss brakes lines
steering stabilizer
32's

I can pull this of by the end of the summer, and i cant afford to add la's to the mix. What problems will I run into? what more will I need?

Last edited:
IMO, Drop pitman arms are bad for Cherokees because the mounting point for the steering box is already a weak point and is prone to break loose. If you put a longer pitman arm on the steering box, that will create more leverage therefore making the mounting point even more vulnurable.

Also on a side note: I don't see any reason to go to 6.5" unless you are planning on running bigger than 35" tires. If you are planning on running bigger than 35" tires then you are going to have axles problems up front if you do any kind of hard wheeling. Again, thats just my personal opinion.:us:

Last edited:
Back