• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab or Hole in the Rock or Mormon Immigrant Trail in March?

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get some folks together for about a 4-5 day camping/wheeling trip.

Starting sometime around the 19th of March and going to the 26th or so.

Let me know via PM if you are interested.

Fergie

sounds fun...if it wasn't in March....I would love to do that in about the first week of May...Little warmer....I really hate camping in the cold with a two year old.

Would not mind going on a trip through Hole in the Rock,,,, that closes EJS, but, could maybe trade off days for that trip.

I'd like to do something like that possibly, but unfortunately probably won't be able to til July or so...

DrMoab said:
sounds fun...if it wasn't in March....I would love to do that in about the first week of May...Little warmer....I really hate camping in the cold with a two year old.
That's a good point Gavin. It's still pretty cool there in March.
Something to think about... :wave:

BillR said:
That's a good point Gavin. It's still pretty cool there in March.
Something to think about... :wave:
Yeah, I'm used to MT and Flagstaff during hunting seasons and its pretty dern cold during that time.

Maybe spring break will be a good time for Tucson and some trails down that way.

DrMoab- What kindo of temps are there during that time of year?

Fergie

It's not uncommon to see temps in the 30s at night that time of year. That's a little cool for a tent for us OLD guys. :laugh3:

BillR said:
It's not uncommon to see temps in the 30s at night that time of year. That's a little cool for a tent for us OLD guys. :laugh3:
30 is warm!

Try single digits in a shelter half a WWII era fart sack.

Get a good zero degree bag and you'll be set. Sleep with the next days socks and boxers and that is less chilly stuff in the morn.

What other trails wouldnt be bad in MArch?

Fergie

Fergie said:
Yeah, I'm used to MT and Flagstaff during hunting seasons and its pretty dern cold during that time.

Maybe spring break will be a good time for Tucson and some trails down that way.

DrMoab- What kindo of temps are there during that time of year?

Fergie
The days are fine....60s and 70s....if it don't snow...Thats the way it works int that part of the world...Nights are the cold part....freezing or around there...I would think it would be a(gasp) tent style trip and with a couple of small kids I don't know if I would want them in that cold of weather...Now if I could get rid of the kids....

Fergie said:
I'm up for anything as my wife will be in MD and I will have free reign to camp and Jeep.

Fergie
Your wifes going out of town and you wanna go jeepin!? Isn't there any good bars in Flagstaff? Oh wait...I have been to flagstaff...never mind yeah go jeeping

What dates are you lookin at for Tucson, Fergie? That's something I may be able to do...take some leave and come down there. Depending on the trails (I've run Charoulou (sp?) with my XJ, Cheeva in a stock Trooper, and both in a stock Tracker) I may be able to get my uncle out there in his Frontier. I'm from Tucson and he still lives there. Maybe even my friend Zane and his Taco with off-road package.

Break is the 20th of March to the 27th, so sometime around there. It is looking like I may just head to Tucson for wheeling, so it would be good to meet up with some folks.

Fergie

DrMoab said:
Your wifes going out of town and you wanna go jeepin!? Isn't there any good bars in Flagstaff? Oh wait...I have been to flagstaff...never mind yeah go jeeping

I do the whole bar thing...too expensive.

And arent you calling the kettle black...being from UT and all? :gag:

Fergie

Fergie said:
I do the whole bar thing...too expensive.

And arent you calling the kettle black...being from UT and all? :gag:

Fergie
Funny thing about Utah...Yeah we have screwed up liquor laws but have some really great bars here...They just have to call them Private clubs...Although I have yet to see anyone actually own a membership. Hey at least we can smoke in our bars too...Unlike California

Fergie said:
Break is the 20th of March to the 27th, so sometime around there. It is looking like I may just head to Tucson for wheeling, so it would be good to meet up with some folks.

Fergie
The 20th will be my first anniversary, but I could probaby take a couple days around the 25th or so. Keep me posted, I'd like to meet up with another XJer to hit those trails up.

BlackSport96 said:
The 20th will be my first anniversary, but I could probaby take a couple days around the 25th or so. Keep me posted, I'd like to meet up with another XJer to hit those trails up.
Whoa, sounds like you got hitched this summer too.

I figure things will be more solid closer to the dates, so I'll post back with info as it comes up.

Fergie

Fergie said:
Whoa, sounds like you got hitched this summer too.

I figure things will be more solid closer to the dates, so I'll post back with info as it comes up.

Fergie
March 20th 2004, you just get married recently too?

Back