• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can the alloy shafts inner/outers be run without getting the manual hub convfor 30???

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
Can the alloy shafts inner/outers be run without getting the manual hub convfor 30??? I think I head some manufactures do and some don't make the shafts for the unibearing hubs on the dana 30. I want to get some alloy shafts and don't want to convert the 30 to manual hubs because I have a hp 44 and converting the 30 would be a huge waste of money to me with my arb locker.
Troy

Re: Can the alloy shafts inner/outers be run without getting the manual hub convfor 30???

I believe the Warn require the hub conversion but the Superior and Yukon do not.

Re: Can the alloy shafts inner/outers be run without getting the manual hub convfor 30???

This was discused in your last thread. Warn requires the converson, all of the others do not

Sounds good. Figures Warn would because they sell manual hubs. :rolleyes: Thanks for the quick response guys.
Anyone selling dana 30 alloys here? I assume not unless you are making yout upward migration to hp 44 or 60. At least you can reuse the CTM or other alloy u-joint because the 30 and 44 share the same size.
Troy

Big Red said:
Sounds good. Figures Warn would because they sell manual hubs. :rolleyes: Thanks for the quick response guys.
Anyone selling dana 30 alloys here? I assume not unless you are making yout upward migration to hp 44 or 60. At least you can reuse the CTM or other alloy u-joint because the 30 and 44 share the same size.
Troy

If you do the 30 spline conversion to the 30, you can also run the shafts in your 44 (the inners).

hjeepxj said:
If you do the 30 spline conversion to the 30, you can also run the shafts in your 44 (the inners).

I thought I might be able to do that, but I already have the 27 spline arb in there so I might just get the 27 spline 4340 Yukon shafts with some nice CTMs, Longfields, Superior Super joint etc. I see some Yukon shafts for sale and they say that they are 44 shafts necked down to fit the 27 spline diff, is that true you think? I think the more I read and get feedback, the more I lean towards the dana 30 4340 alloy Yukons with some good u-joint maybe theirs that comes with the grease gun and kit to rebuild 1 u-joint.

Then if I go to the hp 44 in the future, I can sell the my 30 with the alloy shafts in them and/or sell the shafts seperately and have the option of using the CTM for the 44 since they are the same 1 for the 30 or 44.
Life if so confusing, or maybe I'm just really spoiled!!! :laugh3:

Big Red said:
I thought I might be able to do that, but I already have the 27 spline arb in there so I might just get the 27 spline 4340 Yukon shafts with some nice CTMs, Longfields, Superior Super joint etc. I see some Yukon shafts for sale and they say that they are 44 shafts necked down to fit the 27 spline diff, is that true you think? I think the more I read and get feedback, the more I lean towards the dana 30 4340 alloy Yukons with some good u-joint maybe theirs that comes with the grease gun and kit to rebuild 1 u-joint.

Then if I go to the hp 44 in the future, I can sell the my 30 with the alloy shafts in them and/or sell the shafts seperately and have the option of using the CTM for the 44 since they are the same 1 for the 30 or 44.
Life if so confusing, or maybe I'm just really spoiled!!! :laugh3:

You think too much. :laugh3:

hjeepxj said:
You think too much. :laugh3:
No kidding!

Just wait a bit..you know..delayed gratification.

Build the 44, and dont waste money on the 30, or vice versa. Just dont build each half way.

Fergie

Fergie said:
No kidding!

Just wait a bit..you know..delayed gratification.

Build the 44, and dont waste money on the 30, or vice versa. Just dont build each half way.

Fergie

Agreed. I'm trying to sell my hp 30/xj 44 right now in the for sale section and have someone lined up to gear my new hp 44/9" and install them. He talked me into getting the re 4 link bracket kit so I will keep all my susp stuff and 4 link the hp 44. I 1st need to sell my axles so I can have the $$$ to get those new ones in there. I know I think to much and should be happy for what I already have. :laugh3:

The hp 44 already has a lock rite and has leafs so no annoying cast wedges or ford radius arms to deal with. The ford 9" has a detroit already in it.
Troy

can the warn alloy 297 inner be run in a unit bearing D30?

im going to be using an alloy usa outer 297

LouisianaZJ said:
can the warn alloy 297 inner be run in a unit bearing D30?

im going to be using an alloy usa outer 297

Yeah, the inners are the same, they will work with any outers.

The reason Warn 30 spline stubs need the hubs is because this is stuff that carried over from the CJ D30. Warn never went back and made an upgrade for the unit bearing. Recently, because of market demand, 30 spline stubs with a 30 spline unit bearing have become available. Personally, once you're spending the money, it's only a couple hundred more to get the hubs, and while the 30 spline stubs are much stronger the hubs will really make a difference in driveabilty.

cool. that's what i thought.

i was asking cause when i got the axle it had a paper from warn with it that said it was only to be used with the hub conversion. :wtf?:

just some BS from warn i guess

thanks

Goatman said:
Yeah, the inners are the same, they will work with any outers.

The reason Warn 30 spline stubs need the hubs is because this is stuff that carried over from the CJ D30. Warn never went back and made an upgrade for the unit bearing. Recently, because of market demand, 30 spline stubs with a 30 spline unit bearing have become available. Personally, once you're spending the money, it's only a couple hundred more to get the hubs, and while the 30 spline stubs are much stronger the hubs will really make a difference in driveabilty.

Back