• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Lift Mounts for Factory Racks

i've seen some people just drill a hole in each crossbar, stick a bolt through, insert jack, and use a wingnut to secure it. if you wanna lock it, drill a small hole in the bolt and use a small lock in the hole.

FitchVA said:
i've seen some people just drill a hole in each crossbar, stick a bolt through, insert jack, and use a wingnut to secure it. if you wanna lock it, drill a small hole in the bolt and use a small lock in the hole.

I was actually thinking of that. Might try that.

Ever catch those bastads who got into your rig?

i've got mine up there on the factory crossbar... i'll take some photos this weekend.

Won't the factory cross bars flex under the weight of a hi-lift when hitting bumps, enough for it to smack on the roof?

Ivan

Ivan said:
Won't the factory cross bars flex under the weight of a hi-lift when hitting bumps, enough for it to smack on the roof?

nope. the factory crossbars are rated @ 150lbs...

here is my setup, using some yakima clips and modified cargo carrier brackets...
fits nice and snug (jack rail sits perfectly atop the clips-- hard to tell since my jack is encased).

rackjack.jpg

Back