• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backspacing w/33x12.50s

robbieyukon

NAXJA Forum User
i plan to run 33x12.50s with a 4.5" lift. i still have the factory 15x7s. will this work w/o rubbing the hell of out the truck. if i need bigger wheels will factory 15x8s work? if the answer is still no, how much backspacing is needed to clear?

robbieyukon said:
i plan to run 33x12.50s with a 4.5" lift. i still have the factory 15x7s. will this work w/o rubbing the hell of out the truck. if i need bigger wheels will factory 15x8s work? if the answer is still no, how much backspacing is needed to clear?
with factory wheels you'll very small turning radius as the rubber will overhang wide and you'll rub. I have 15x8 with 4.5" wheels and I still rub a little.

I ran mine on 33x12.5s for a while with 4.25, most I've seen run 4.0 or 3.75.
I doubt seriously you'll be able to run them on stock backspacing. Probably be always in contact with control arms with that width tire that close in.

I'm running 33x12.5's on AR767 and they have 3.75 back space. I also have 4.5" of lift. I had to cut out the fenders to make it fit. I haven't really flexed it yet how ever riding down the raod and hit a big bump it did rub. I'm not worried about flexin it since I just run through the mud. HTH

DuG

I have about 5" of lift w/33x12.5x15's, also have cut the fenders. Am using AR767's with 4"BS. No rubs what so ever.

Hey go ahead and cut up those fenders. It's a little time cunsuming but very easy.

I have about 5" with 34x12.50 on 3.75 rims and I do rub a bit on the control arms and inner fender. The fenders are cut but I need to trim them up a bit more and adjust the steering stops and I should be fine.

i am running 15x8" with 4" of BS, but wish I had 3.75 so my TREs wouldn't hit my wheel weights :)
running 35x12.5 tires with 8" of lift

I run 4" BS with 5 or so inches of lift. Trimmed fenders and Bushwhackers. Make sure you have enough bumpstop. Also... "33's" vary widely in actual height. I have seen them measure from 31 3/4 to over 34 depending on the brand.

I'm running 33X12.50 on 15x8 Eagle 058 rims with 3.75 back spacing and 6 inches of lift. I trimed an inch or so and added bushwackers. No rubbing on my MJ

I had 31X10.50s with a 3 inch lift and only rubbed the lower control arm at full turn. They were wrangler gambler 15x7 rims with 5.25 BS.

Last edited:
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, just seems to be a good place to ask this....

If I run a 5.5" RE lift (short arm) with 15x8 rims and 33x12.50 tires - what back spacing would work the best? I am not too worried about the fenders (I plan on cutting a little), I am more concerned with compromising my turning radius.

Thanks....

Back