• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Price for custom-made beadlock rims

MJ_Chubs

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know the cost for having a set of aluminum rims custom made? I drew up a design for a beadlock rim that I like and was curious about having a set made for a little bling on my trail rig.

I'm sorry, but where do these questions come from?

Yeah, we order custom made aluminum rims all the time. Call this number, 800-428-3387 and talk to Pete. They should run you around $150 each.

:rolleyes:

$150 each? I am thinking he wants "one off" custom.. not just aluminum centerline beadlocks with custom back spacing... I would think drawing up a design, having them cut out solid stock.. would cost about... an arm, a leg, and maybe an ear... then throw them on a trail rig and turn them into junk...

Ludakris is right, I was talking more along the lines of a custom one-off setup. Not all rims are milled out of solid billet so are there any other options for a strong wheel construction? If I do the work of the CAD design, it would just be a matter of converting the file into a CAM language and feeding it into the mill right? Does the large $$ amount come from the design, machine time, or material?

Richard, does Pete do one-offs or just convert existing rims for beadlocks? BTW, thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Design is the easiest part. Hard parts(time) is doing the Cadcam, getting it setup in the machine, a jigging and machining the part. Material can be spendy since you only would use maybe 30-40% of the block.

I wish companies would come out with aluminum forged rims with the beadlock made right into the rim. Adding beadlocks to forged rims scares me.

MJ_Chubs said:
Does anyone know the cost for having a set of aluminum rims custom made? I drew up a design for a beadlock rim that I like and was curious about having a set made for a little bling on my trail rig.

Custom cut billets would probably run about $1000-$1500 each for a simple design but could probably get up to $3K to $5K ea for a more complex design. For a more accurate answer, find a customized Escalade site frequented by NFL players with foolish amounts of cash to spend and see what they're paying.

For comparison; Robby Gordon and Walker Evans aluminum beadlock rims are running $350-$450 each and they are NOT custom cuts, or even "cuts" for that matter; they're cast.
Robby Gordon Beadlocks
Walker Evans Beadlocks

$5 to $10K for rims should get the "bling" you're looking for. Might want to paste the receipt on the inside of the window though, to really drive it home.

But if you ever do take it off road, I'd just paste $10 bills to the outside your existing rims. Would be cheaper than taking the rock rash off the custom cuts.

Last edited:
Note to all...

:rolleyes: = sarcasm

Goatman said:
I'm sorry, but where do these questions come from?

Yeah, we order custom made aluminum rims all the time. Call this number, 800-428-3387 and talk to Pete. They should run you around $150 each.

:rolleyes:

That number is busy all the time, someone must be ordering big time!

hinkley

Back