PDA

View Full Version : powder coating

shimmy
December 7th, 2004, 02:36
anyone know of a paint shop near seattle that does good powder coating? i'd like to powder coat my door guards

brandon

Avanteone
December 7th, 2004, 09:50
He's in Bonney Lake I believe, but give Jeff at Rainier Powder Coating a call. 253-332-8179 or 253-288-0636.

John

PaulJ
December 8th, 2004, 12:15
You can do it yourself with a power coat kit from eastwood if they'll fit in your oven. Also, there's an outfit in or near Lynnwood call Craigcraft that does powder.

ECKSJAY
December 8th, 2004, 17:25
You can do it yourself with a power coat kit from eastwood if they'll fit in your oven. Also, there's an outfit in or near Lynnwood call Craigcraft that does powder.

Bear in mind you'll not be able to safely use your oven again. The powdercoating material is toxic and the chemicals will embed themselves in the oven interior, not to mention the odor/airborne chemicals that will float around the house. :wierd:

Eastwood does a neat kit that uses heat lamps instead, for that very reason. Not all of us have the luxury of purchasing an old oven just for powdercoating purposes. ;)

hards91xj
December 8th, 2004, 17:39
I kept our old barbeque and use it for a little bake oven .Warm up to 200 degrees for an hour and shut it off let it cool.

ECKSJAY
December 8th, 2004, 17:57
I've got a line on an old propane one if you're interested, PM me for more details.