• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

318 with 5 speed nv3500 in MJ / XJ

Cowmanche

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 Comanche that has a bad rear main seal. I have always wanted a 318 in my MJ and was wondering if any had done this swap on here or know where I could get some information about it. I know alot of people ask why swap out the HO 4.0l. One problem I had when I put a LT1 in my RX7 was finding the correct resistor to get the correct RPM reading. If anyone has any insight I would love to hear it.
-Nichles

I saw an LT1 dropped into an MJ once, I'll try to find the link. The 318 should bolt up to the NV4550 (I think this combo was used in some dodge trucks. Not sure about the 3500.

One of the guys on www.bmja.org dropped a dakota engine, NV tranny in to a TJ. Harness might be a real pia as well as a fuel pump to supply the higher pressure....

I was wondering about a manual with the V8. My Mj is stock right now but I am gathering parts now to do a 4.5 in lift and soa in the rear and 33s. I plan on it being a daily driver, well whenever I can't ride my bike that is. I'm just seeing what everyone else has done and what they like. Maybe an auto would be better, but I really enjoy having a manual trans.

I have seen an LT1 dropped in an XJ before, in fact there is one for sale in autotrader, with a 5.5" lift, dana 60's, and diamonplating on it. asking like 5200

Back