• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BB on top of OME kit....Ride Quality???

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone put a BB on top of their OME kit? I've got a set of 1.75" poly spacers laying around and was considering getting a set of extended length shackles but im hesitate because the XJ rides really nice now and im afraid the ride will be shot!!! Any experience out there with this set-up?? Any pics would be awsome too. I'm currently running 31s on my OEM 15x7 but would love to step up to a 16" Moab wheel and some 265/75s...but i don't know if its worth it??

lincoln

I run a 3/8" spacer on top of a 1.75" spacer up front and the JCXL and RE shackle in the rear.

The ride is nice and firm, and before the addition of the AAL, it was a bit more cushy, but nothing spectacular changed with the BB added.

Fergie

Fergie,

that sounds like the kind of set-up im going to be running. OEM isolator with 1.75" spacer and a 1.5" shackle.

Can you post a PIC of your jeep or e-mail me one.

Thanks
Lincoln

what would most likely cause your ride to suffer would be the the change in angle on the control arms. how high are you now? stock arms?

Fergie,

Thanks ill check it in the am.

As for my current height i have the OME coils with the two isolators up front because of the ARB and winch. Im right at 3" of lift if not just a little more. As for LCAs im running RE Super Ride arms and set of BDS Shocks all the way around with an RE Adj. Trac bar. I think ill take out one of the isolators and replace it with the 1.75" coil spacer with one isolater to equal about 2" and then run a 1.5" shackle in the rear. what do you think??

thanks
lincoln

getting to that height with short arms and it is definetly gonna ride rougher. if you still want a plush smooth ride you might want to consider drop brackets

woodkrawler said:
Fergie,

any word on those pics

Thanks
Lincoln

Better late than never.

Hope these help.

Fergie

lift2.jpg

lift1.jpg

Back