• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated Leather not working

fumble

NAXJA Forum User
I have heated leather seats in my 01 XJ Limited. Last weekend, the driver seat stopped working. Passenger is fine. I hit the button and the light comes on, but no heat. Sometimes hit the button and the light keeps blinking at me. Any idea what the blinking light is indicating?

fumble said:
Sometimes hit the button and the light keeps blinking at me. Any idea what the blinking light is indicating?
working, not working... working, not working :D

OK, are there any fuses that control the seats? are the seats heated by independent circuits? what does your manual say?

I've had the same thing since I bought my 2000 used a month ago. Drivers side only, passenger works fine.

Figured there must be some kind of switch in there that isn't working.

Sorry not much help.

i know on the zj's the heater element breaks on the side cushion for the seat bottom where you drag across when getting in and out. i would suspect the same for the xj. for the earlier zj's there is a repair kit to solder in place to repair this condition. check with a dealer for tsb's regarding any parts necesary.

Your heated leather seats are not working! Ohhh the crosses we must bear. :)

BSD said:
Your heated leather seats are not working! Ohhh the crosses we must bear. :)
I was going to say 'OH, poor baby', but realized that the only way I'd have leather seats was if they were heated, too darn cold otherwise.
Do they do the same thing if you're not sitting in them ? Not sure what the blinking light means. I'd switch the two seats connections and see what happens, that should localize it one seat or the other. You have the advantage of two seperate seats to test with or try a resistance check between the two with an ohmmemter...

It's funny how all you bastad's all say..........Oh poor baby and all. I was asking for help, not sympathy, but thanks for caring though!

fumble said:
It's funny how all you bastad's all say..........Oh poor baby and all. I was asking for help, not sympathy, but thanks for caring though!

I wish my XJs leather seats were heated. My 98 Limited has every option offered. I guess heated leather wasn't offered in 98. :rattle:

Pioneer89XJ said:
I wish my XJs leather seats were heated. My 98 Limited has every option offered. I guess heated leather wasn't offered in 98. :rattle:

It's great for long trips! Relax's the back muscles!

Back