• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auburn LSD, first snow...

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, we got some snow and ice here in the poconos today, first of the slippery stuff we have gotten since I had the auburn put in last year around march. First impressions in 2wd are good, with half worn BFG AT/KO's it pushed itself up some pretty steep snow/ice covered roads that the front wheel drive cars were having trouble with, wig-wag of the back end was minimal and the locking/unlocking was very smooth. Interesting on corners, no real change on a coast thru a turn but for sure different on 'give it some power' on the turn. Need to be careful with 'give it some power', has a tendency to push straight no matter which way the wheels are pointing, luckly I have big driveway enterances on both ends off the street.
In 4wd there is better control in the 'give it some power' and the front pulls the jeep in the direction you want to go. Curious how a front lsd or locker would react but thats for future mods.
All in all I'm happy so far, cant' wait for the deep stuff to fall...

I am very pelased with mine. First storm I've had it in also, about 6-8" of snow.

Did fine and only needed 4hi a few times. Boy that front LR makes it fun to drive!

Soon to be switched out for a Taco axle and another LR in the rear.

Fergie

Back