• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive Shaft problem

xjcat

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 6" lift and my drive shaft length'en but when it rotates the joints bind

anyone have this problem and what did thay do to fix it
i'm just got a new car so i'm not looking to spend any kind of money
on a SYE

Fred H

Use a die grinder to clearance the yokes...grind the base of the yoke, not the area where the u-joint caps fit. Give it enough clearance to clear at full droop...It may still vibrate from the high angles, but at least you won't outright kill the TC or pinion bearings.

xjcat said:
i got a 6" lift and my drive shaft length'en but when it rotates the joints bind

anyone have this problem and what did thay do to fix it
i'm just got a new car so i'm not looking to spend any kind of money
on a SYE

Fred H

is it binding in the front u-joint?? i had this issue and all i needed was a new slip-yoke from a YJ wrangler.. it is cut deeper around the yokes so it can run at a much steeper angle.. Rubicon Express has an "extended slip yoke" that is the exact same thing as a YJ yoke.. i think they want $80 for it..
did you say you had the driveshaft lengthened?? i didnt need to do that. i still have the stock shaft and hasnt been an issue.. if you had yours lengthened i would make sure it's not too long and going to push against the tail shaft housing when the rear springs compress...

Back