• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing - What is the best for an XJ on 15x8 wheels

How much lift do you have? What size tire do you plan to run?Im rubbing bad w/ 15x7",4.5" BS,33x10.5"s at 5.5" lift!

Ther isn't a "best" backspacing, it all depends on what you want. I would reccoment 4.5" or there abouts. That will get the tires away from the body but not so much it looks wierd or hs the potential of causing handling problems. The farther the wheel centerline is outboard, death wobble might happen if you have some slightly worn suspension or steering components whereas a wheel with a centerline closer in-board could not have deathwobble. In my opinion, any wheel with a backspacing numerically lower than 4" looks bad on XJ's.

Diesel said:
The farther the wheel centerline is outboard, death wobble might happen if you have some slightly worn suspension or steering components whereas a wheel with a centerline closer in-board could not have deathwobble.

Well although less backspace will change the geometry and loading, the worst "DW" Ive ever experianced was in my 93XJ and it was "Bone stock(stock wheel/tires and no lift").

Anyone out there that has specifically run 32x11.5R15 tires with 3.5" lift? I'm going to run it on 15x8 rims; what backspacing have people used and which stuffs them best. I realize I'll have to cut out the fenders just slightly, but the less the better. I'm planning to get the black spoke wheals cause they are cheap.

Back