• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5 mj lift help

midnightrunxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i got my 6.5" lift coils yesterday. I was runnin soa in the rear with a 6" spacer up front with stock arms. ( I know spacer garbage) This coil is humungus. I dont think its gonna work with my stock control arms. What do i need to do to get operational. (50%onroad 50%off-road) Do I need drop brackets, or longer arms?? Id like a long arm setup but im too poor:( So for now some form of short arm setup.

Thanks

Drop brackets for sure and probably time for some adj arms!

:wow: 6" spacer? i dont even see how the coil will fit on that def get some drop brackets or at the least longer arms, not long arms, just longer than factory short arms

I did a SOA conversion on my 1990 MJ. I also have an AAL in the rear. In the front I used a Rusty's 4.5 lift kit which included LCAs. I then added 1 3/4 bosters and UCA to almost level out the truck. I also added quick disconnects.

I am running 33 X 12.50s with room for 35s. I did a lot of trimming and installed bushwackers.

No rubbing even in some tough situations. so far so good. :laugh3:

I am running Rusty's 6.5 coils with RE Drop brackets with stock uppers and lowers. I also did the SOA swap in the rear, using a XJ axle with an unknown make of shackle, but it is really long. Here is a link to my web shot page, where you can see the transformation of my mj
http://community.webshots.com/user/cj7xjmj

Patrick

well upon completion and inspection of my installation, I have determined that i am going to need some new control arms, a new trac bar, a drop pitman arm and some longer front shocks. Anyone have any recomendations. Im not looking for the most hardcore stuff around but something that works well on the highway.

Back