• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's almost there!

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Woody spent a lovely day: 10 hours in the rain yankin my stock 3.55 axe and installing One Ton's old front axe, along with donated suspension bits from Chark and Ron S. We be in the 6+" club now kiddies... Hide your lawn ornaments, those 33" looking tiny now LOL.

I know, I know... nothing truly sexy about a used/abused D30, but I've been sufferin with open diffs and low lift for the year I've had my XJ, and what a pita that was compared to the 'wheelin MJ that I put into a coma awhile ago.

Put the spooled 44 in last week, but I hadn't been able to pull the happy lever back until 7:30 this evening...in the mud/sandpit behind work. REAL 4WD and REAL 2WD. Woo Hoo!

Specs now:
*D30 Non Disco, 4.56:1 Dana/Spicer, Lock Rite, 5-297x joints, braided S/S brakelines, RE Superflex Adj uppers, Custom lowers with JJs, Rusty's 4.5" springs, 1.75" + 1/2" spacers, long Rancho 9000s mounted to the LCAs, Rusty's steering and Adj trackbar.

*D44 MJ, 4.56:1 Dana/Spicer, Alloy Spool, MJ Drums, Braided S/S line, MORE springpads, Custom hi-clearance shock mounts, Rusty's +? leafpack, Tera Revolvers.

Still some loose ends...readjust the shade-tree alignment (it was at hour 8.5 when the steering/Trackbar went on...I wasn't being particular at that point...had to drive it home or camp out in my soaking wet/greasy attire LOL) since it drives like 2 Jellyfish deep into the throes of passion.

Install a beefier+longer rear shaft, freshen up the front shaft UJs, fix up another RHS spare ax shaft to tote. and if the XJ Gods are good to me, we'll be in Uwharrie one day this weekend for a muddy trail shakedown!

Later on need front shox/ drop-hoop mount, and a custom rear shox x-member, a high-clearance transfer/tranny x-member...and of course, a SYE and a Woods shaft. Extending the E-brake linkage is somewhere on the list.

Sorry for gloating, but it's been so long since I have seen all 4 wheels spin at once ( at least when they are all on the ground) ...I dunno how to act. I think I can remember though...Put your right foot in, hold the left foot out...aim for the spotter and make him jump and shout :viking:

Extra Big thanks to my "sponsors":
Charles 'Chark' Rogerson, Ron Stevick and Sean 'One Ton XJ' Rose for the good stuff.

Also big thanks to my understanding supervisor and co-workers for the extra hands and tool/parts fetching as required. I get mighty 'peculiar' during all-day wrenchfests...but they hung in there with me for 22 hours of fun swappin these axles.

let's wheel in uwarrie. i'll be in jail sat nite, but can go sunday.

fer a sec there I saw "I'll be in jail sat night" and thought...man, he must really party hard if he knows for sure he's gonna wind up in the drunk tank...then I checked your profile and saw: "detention officer rowan sheriff ". Thanks for the laugh though :)

yes i do that part time it supports my XJ habit. nothing more than a gloryfied babysitter.

Put your right foot in, hold the left foot out...aim for the spotter and make him jump and shout

Oh boy, I can see the beginings of a campfire song contest :D

Woody, maybe this year you won't have to do a full throttle attempt on H Pad. Of course watching your rear hatch pop open and dump a couple dozen containers of yogurt would be entertaininng :moon:

Can't wait to see you flog on that front end the way I used to, actually I think you may have some slightly bigger balls than I when it comes to wheelspeed. Anyhow, it'll be fun.

Sean

Back