• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of lift should I get????

c.alfson

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I have a 95 XJ and I am wanting to lift it to 3" and I am trying to do it the most economical way. I want the best ride I can get but with out braking the bank. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. ~Thanks

If your going to keep this lift and jeep for a while no matter how cheap it is..dont do any add a leaf...i'm sure someone will chime in w/ some kind of junkyard set up that would only cost ya a couple hundred bux but i put rusty's 3" spring pack kit a little over 400 bux...fabed my own t-case drop kit and that was it...Pretty descent set up for the price i was happy w/ it till i sold it about 6 months later. Good luck.

There is more info on this subject if you search than you could ever read in several sittings.

If you want the cheapest 3" lift out of a box (purchase in one place and put it on complete) then get the Rusty's lift WITH AAL. Keep in mind that on your truck you may very well need a transfer case drop, or even SYE. You might want to search that subject and see what you can find.

Cheap you can use junkyards or used parts on here, there are always 3" lift parts for sale.

HTH,
Michael

c.alfson said:
Are there any lifts to stay away from???
that is up to the personal opinions of people. Personaly, i would only buy the best, because i dont want to buy it again, and again, and again... so i tend to spend more...

id stay away from poorly advertised kits and kits on E-bay that have listing that say they will work on many different vehicles...

look into reputable companies that other people are running and id go with them. Also try calling companies - people without good customer service tend to not get my cash...

I got a 3" lift kit from Rough Country/Hecklethorn for $225 with shocks, aal, and new 3" coils. I rode pretty good, a little stiff in the back with the aal, but for the price it was great. You could request 2" blocks for the same price I believe and maybe add longer shocks. I ran this with 31" tires and it looked very good, very streetable still. Now I have a very unstreetable xj at 8"lift on 35's. :laugh3:
Troy

I say save until you have the money to do it right the first time. That said, I went with RE because I haven't heard anything bad about them and so far I haven't been dissapointed.

I waited until I could afford the RE 4.5" Superflex(full leaf pack), adj. UCA/LCA, SYE, new driveshaft, JKS Discos, longer SS brake lines front/rear. That way you can add to it later. I have a buddy who got rid of their Up country springs and I ran those with 30" tires (no rubbing) until I had the $$$ for my current setup.

If you buy anything 'on the cheap' you will spend more time/money on it for the long run.

Later,
Rough

Back