• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs fun

xj4moab

NAXJA Forum User
I have had a custom set of Alcan springs on my xj for quite some time from a comp XJ so the spring rate sucks if i want to put any thing in the back like people with just me it runs sweet so i am thinking of looking for some progressive rate springs but i havent seen much out there Alcan has said in the past why run a 11 or more leaf pack when you can do the same thing with a 6 leaf pack i dont like their answer.

Have you tried hooking magnets or copper braclets to your springs I here they can fix anything:wierd: Jack

xj4moab said:
Alcan has said in the past why run a 11 or more leaf pack when you can do the same thing with a 6 leaf pack i dont like their answer.

For what it's worth.... watching a couple Rick Russel videos (I was between jeeps and needed a fix) :wierd: he has something like 11 or 12 leaves per pack. Watching his rig go over the same rocks that the 5 and 6 leaf guys do his ride glides over real smooth while the others the bounce harder. Certainly shocks come into play but if you can see the difference from your couch the seat of the pants difference must be big. He makes mention I think in one of the vids of whose springs he has. I'll see if I can get the name.

Good wheelin' to ya,
Cherokid

I think he i have seen that one if i remember right he was talking about national spring co i know he had them on his XJ when he had one

Back