• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternate source for junkyard D30 4.10's

tchase

NAXJA Forum User
alternate source for junkyard D30 4.10's?

Anyone know of a common source for d30 4.10's other than 4cyl XJ/MJ's? Most of the 4 bangers around here are only 2wd so they are kind of hard to find. I might be looking at doing a 2wd-4wd conversion and I have all the parts except the 4.10 gear set for the front axle. I'd only be doing this if It can be done really cheap so new gears aren't really an option.
The reason I ask is I found 2 4cyl 2wd MJ's for sale for $900cdn for the pair. We have a friend with another one that's on it's last legs and it would be nice if we could build two 4wd MJ's out of the three but between 6 rigs we only have one set of d30 4.10's and those are in my XJ.
Thanks,
Tony

Last edited:
maybe put a post in the wanted section - people are getting numericaly higher gears all the time and have nothing to do with the old ones... maybe someone will sell them?

XJ_ranger said:
maybe put a post in the wanted section - people are getting numericaly higher gears all the time and have nothing to do with the old ones... maybe someone will sell them?
I thought about that but since most of you are in the US and shipping across the border can be such a hassle I figured it probably wouldn't be worth it. Also I didn't want to post a wanted since this isn't a done deal and if we don't buy them I won't need them. Whether or not we can get the gears cheaply might play in the final decision on whether or not to buy them.

If I do the deal Iwill have four sets of D35 4.10s it's D30 I'm loking for and I know what XJs they came in. What I'm wondering is what else used a 4.10 geared D30 that the gears will swap to an XJ housing. My only extra D30 has 3.55s. While I do also have a spare D35 3.55 to match it I don't think I want a 3.55 geared 4cyl.

The 4 cylinder TJs also used Dana 30s with 4.10s. They use the same front-end set up as XJs and MJs and should be a bolt in deal. They are plentiful around here and go relatively cheap. Who wants a 4 cylinder Jeep anyways?

Wiley Coyote said:
The 4 cylinder TJs also used Dana 30s with 4.10s. They use the same front-end set up as XJs and MJs and should be a bolt in deal. They are plentiful around here and go relatively cheap. Who wants a 4 cylinder Jeep anyways?
true, but...
The TJ D30s are all low-pinion. I don't think I'd swap in a LP axle if I was going to all the trouble to swap. The pinion itself is also a different length, so you MAY have driveshaft length issues. It's not much, but something to think about. :repair:

Back