• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those With OTK Inverted T Steering

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching the options that are out there for steering correction and have found a lot of good info here in past threads. I currently have about 7-7.5" of lift and need something that will prevent my tie rod ends from binding, give good clearance, and is strong of course. I found this write up that provides a lot of great info - http://www.nagca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16005 - and I am leaning towards doing this.

I realize I will have to relocate the sway bar mounts. I already have clearance issues there and plan to correct that with JKSs extended mounts.

I would also like to mount my tie rod over the knuckle.

What I am wondering is what other clearance issues have you guys that have done this ran into? It looks like this guy had to cut off quite a bit of stuff, steering stabilizer mount, part of the spring pads. I currently have my track bar mounted above the axle so I am trying to figure out if I will need to relocate the axle side mount for it.

Just trying to get all of this ironed out before I buy a bunch of parts and find out I should have done something else half way through the project.

Thanks,
William Crawley

I didn't have any clearance issues, other than having to raise the sway bar link mounts. This is assuming you are also changing the stabilizer shock mount with the track bar mounted on top of the axle housing. The JKS brackets make doing this much easier.

If the steering stops aren't adjusted properly I guess there could be a problem with the tie rod hitting, but I think if the tie rod hits, the stops may allow too much turning which can also contribute to blown axle u-joints.

Here's some pics of my old D30 steering:

D30 OTK steering pic
another...
and another....
and another....
and one more...

Back