• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Installing Trac Bar

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
First off I must say the JEEP jack sucks!!! Theis jack just broke in half and droped the entire front end down luckly everything is alright.. (long story but nothing came crashing to the ground)

Now for my question, I was installing new coils (stock length, mine were sagging bad) and now I need to straignten the axle out and put it the trac bar. How would I go about doing this with only a large 2.5 ton floor jack? Any opinions? The hole is only like .5 to .75 inches off.

Thanks
Chris

with the trac bar not connected, lower the XJ back to the ground after the new springs are back on. Bounce the XJ up and down to compress the suspension and it should even out. Measure the distance of the wheels from the wells and you should be ready to go.

If everything is together except the axle end of the TB, lower the XJ so it is sitting on the front wheels, have someone turn the steering wheel while you are underneath waiting for the holes to line up.

karstic said:
If everything is together except the axle end of the TB, lower the XJ so it is sitting on the front wheels, have someone turn the steering wheel while you are underneath waiting for the holes to line up.

^^^This is always what I have done and it seems to work great!

yeah I have done the turning of the wheel and also I've used rachet straps attached to the axle and another anchor point or I've even used a highlift as a power pull attached to the axle and a beem in my garage. Just mess around with something the trackbar is always a bitch to get back in....
-cal

Back