• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No lights

parkjam

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 86 XJ and last night, I went out and started it, turned the lights on, and nothing. No headlights, instrument panel, tail-lights, and the brake lights wont work either. I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine, could it be the switch, and if it is, why no brake lights?

The headlight switch has a built-in circuit breaker, so the switch could be the culprit for the headlights and dash lights. The brake lights have a separate fuse, which is independent of the headlight switch. You may be dealing with multiple problems.

Eagle,
Thanks for the info, but I found the problem, it was a burned out wire on the solenoid. Fixed the wire and now it works again!

for others that find this thread and havent found their problem yet - check the trailer wiring. mine shorted and blew a fuse and killed signals, brakes, reverse...

i replaced the fuse and pop

then i checked teh trailer... and there was a pece of metal shorting me...

Back