• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next axle question

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the axle/u-joint assemblies that 4wd.com sells all have the 297 u-joints?
The parts they list just show one number for pretty much all XJ's...the only difference being that one is for the disco and one is for the non-disco axle.
Whether or not they have 297's....does anyone know where I can get both the PS disco axle/joint assembly...and the DS axle/joint assembly (NEW) with the better 297 joints?

ANother question as well...I know the passenger side disco axle is specific...BUT...are the driver sides all the same?

043500 said:
Does anyone know if the axle/u-joint assemblies that 4wd.com sells all have the 297 u-joints?
The parts they list just show one number for pretty much all XJ's...the only difference being that one is for the disco and one is for the non-disco axle.
Whether or not they have 297's....does anyone know where I can get both the PS disco axle/joint assembly...and the DS axle/joint assembly (NEW) with the better 297 joints?

ANother question as well...I know the passenger side disco axle is specific...BUT...are the driver sides all the same?

If you get me the Spicer numbers for the shafts you want I can get you a price on them. My father work for a HD Ford truck dealer (now Sterling) and the have a axle and trans rebuild shop. He gets a pretty darn good deal on Spicer parts. Only problem is he has no way to look up Spicer part numbers.

Anyway, if you get the spicer numbers I'll have him get you a price. BTW, I make no money at all, and he would only mark them up a small amount. The amount he would mark them up is just for his company, not for him directly. Just wanted to let you know this isn't a money making deal for me.

B-loose

Back