• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 cyl. dashboard cluster work on 4 cyl.?

JaysXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will a 6 cyl dash cluster from a 93' or so with full instrumention, work on a 88' 4 cyl. with dummie lights? I know I'll need switch the oil and temp sensors. Thats no problem. Just wondering if the connectors are the same. Will it work?

The tach probably won't read right without modification, and going from '88 to '93 might cross the boundary between mechanical and electronic speedometer drive.

Have a go at the search engine and see if you can turn any more info up - it's in here somewhere...

Rob

84-87 used one type of speedo cable for the speedometer and odometer
88-90? used a different type of speedo cable, but changes in all of these years are possible, if you have the cable that matches the gauge package.
91-96 are all electronic and all interchagable with out any problems
97+ are also all electronic, but completely different astheticaly as well as the entire dash was re-built so they wouldnt fit. Im also not sure on the connectors between the 91-96 and the 97+

here is my write up on a 92 XJ swap:
http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/Gauge.html

hope this is helpfull

Back