• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wanna lift my jeep NEED HELP with kits

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have a stock 96 cherokee classic and i want it up. i want 33s on it but i might have to get 32s for my budget. if there is a way i can buy a 3" lift and still be able to put 33s on it, please tell me how. i know theres somthing about spacers and whatnot but i dont knwo what they do... help? i also saw that rusty has alot of nice kits and i was wondering if anyone could tell me form experiance if they are good, and possibly help me pick sumthin out.
looking to do 33s, so i need help on how to lift without breaking my budget/ and/or if i can use these "spacers" on a 3" lift to fit the 33s. help? thanks!

atreyuBLUEXJ said:
i have a stock 96 cherokee classic and i want it up. i want 33s on it but i might have to get 32s for my budget. if there is a way i can buy a 3" lift and still be able to put 33s on it, please tell me how. i know theres somthing about spacers and whatnot but i dont knwo what they do... help? i also saw that rusty has alot of nice kits and i was wondering if anyone could tell me form experiance if they are good, and possibly help me pick sumthin out.
looking to do 33s, so i need help on how to lift without breaking my budget/ and/or if i can use these "spacers" on a 3" lift to fit the 33s. help? thanks!
with a 3" lift and a 2" spacer kit, you will need new control arms, trac bar, sway bar endlinks, t case drop, shocks. my guess is that your best bet is to go with a 4.5 inch lift. then you can chop off some sheet metal and run 33s without any rubbing. i have a RE 3" super ride now and i have 31x11.5 and had rubbing until i took out the sawzal and threw on some bushwackers. go with 4.5 inches. you may still need to trim a little but not much.

Casey

I have a black diamond 3" lift (getting more than 3") with 31's. I cut my fenders alot in the front and up to the pinch seam in the rear. I took 33's off of my friends jeep and put them on mine and they fit ok. In the next few months I am going to move up to 33's, get 1" spacers and shackels (so I will have more room for flex), and cut my lower quaters off. It is doable but don't forget about regearing if you move to 33's
Hope this helps

I have 31s with a Budget Boost and I miss my flex. The point I'm tryin to make is that just because something "fits," doesn't mean it flexs well. I like the look of the 31s but I think I'm gonna put my 30s back on till I get more lift. Just something to think about if you don't want to cut your fenders, which your gonna have to do if you wanna run 33s with a 3" lift.

jeepguy97 said:
I have 31s with a Budget Boost and I miss my flex. The point I'm tryin to make is that just because something "fits," doesn't mean it flexs well. I like the look of the 31s but I think I'm gonna put my 30s back on till I get more lift. Just something to think about if you don't want to cut your fenders, which your gonna have to do if you wanna run 33s with a 3" lift.

When I put my 33's on they will "fit" and "flex".
Check out this cherokee or cheapxj's jeep and tell me they don't "flex".
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39970&highlight=mall
around 3" of lift with 36's

atreyuBLUEXJ said:

I agree.
The look *is* important.
Consider a Budget Boost and a body lift.
The TJ guys are on to something.
You just lift a little, and then hoist the body to clear the bigger tires.
To me, its better than the sawzall.
HTH.

bgcntry72 said:
I agree.
The look *is* important.
HTH.

A body lift. The only way to go. :cheers:

bgcntry72 said:
I agree.
The look *is* important.
HTH.

HaHaHaHaHa
Good one

jeepguy97 said:
Theere is a big difference between hacking your fenders as Cheap has done, and trimming so 33s fit with a 4.5" or higher lift.

I agree. I was talking with a 3" lift which is what I thought he wanted. With 4.5" a lot less trimming is needed.

"Do ya think..."
What is that supposed to mean

Lore5 said:
I agree. I was talking with a 3" lift which is what I thought he wanted. With 4.5" a lot less trimming is needed.

"Do ya think..."
What is that supposed to mean

Agreed.

It means I knew he was joking, I just picked the wrong smiley, I was being sarcastic.

atreyuBLUEXJ said:

i think Dirk from DPG offroad sells a 3.5 RE package with bumpstops and shocks, so you can run 33's with cut fenders? there were pix of it in a recent thread, but i can't remember the name of the thread.

Brandon
3.5" and 33's is a great setup! low COG is essential

shimmy said:
i think Dirk from DPG offroad sells a 3.5 RE package with bumpstops and shocks, so you can run 33's with cut fenders? there were pix of it in a recent thread, but i can't remember the name of the thread.

Brandon
3.5" and 33's is a great setup! low COG is essential

Yeh they do. Its a good setup and it looks sweet. If you can afford it go with a RE 3.5". you won't regreat it.
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
It should be the dark green cherokee

Back