• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wanna lift my jeep NEED HELP with kits

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have a stock 96 cherokee classic and i want it up. i want 33s on it but i might have to get 32s for my budget. if there is a way i can buy a 3" lift and still be able to put 33s on it, please tell me how. i know theres somthing about spacers and whatnot but i dont knwo what they do... help? i also saw that rusty has alot of nice kits and i was wondering if anyone could tell me form experiance if they are good, and possibly help me pick sumthin out.
looking to do 33s, so i need help on how to lift without breaking my budget/ and/or if i can use these "spacers" on a 3" lift to fit the 33s. help? thanks!

atreyuBLUEXJ said:
i have a stock 96 cherokee classic and i want it up. i want 33s on it but i might have to get 32s for my budget. if there is a way i can buy a 3" lift and still be able to put 33s on it, please tell me how. i know theres somthing about spacers and whatnot but i dont knwo what they do... help? i also saw that rusty has alot of nice kits and i was wondering if anyone could tell me form experiance if they are good, and possibly help me pick sumthin out.
looking to do 33s, so i need help on how to lift without breaking my budget/ and/or if i can use these "spacers" on a 3" lift to fit the 33s. help? thanks!

OK, plan things carefully as lift kit might not be enough. In any case if you go over to the mod tech forum and run a search you'll be able to find this being discussed, but here it goes:
you can run 33's on 3" lift kit provided you use appropriately offset rims, lengthen the bumpstops, trim a bit if need be. RE 3.5" kit with full leaf packs should give you more then 3.5" being the better choice. Now here comes a but: with the 96, you might get vibes after a lift. Shims might cure it or not, tcase drop might cure it or not, or you might need an SYE. Also with 33's and stock gears it will be driveable but you'll be suffering. Going up hills you'll be slowing down. By no means I'm saying that your jeep will be undriveable, but it will be driving waaaaaaaaaaaay different then it used to. To cure that you will want to regear sooner or later (so plan for that as well).

No...unless you trim a hell of a lot or do not want to take you rug off road, a 3" lift will not be enough alone to run 33. I have a 3" with 31 on a 01 and they rub the lower part of my flare and it is just a DD.

Okay yes you could get a 3" and then use spacers to add more inches. First thing though it to decide on the tire because even though it says its a 33 it might only measures 31.9 or something like that. Around here somewhere is a guide that tell the true size of most tires. Offset of the wheel is another. But again tath goes to what size tire you want. As tot he vibes Cured mine but putting some Longer LCAs on it. And yeah make sure you have the gears to pull the 33

If you want to run 33" tires go atleast 4.5" of lift. You will still need minor trimming for off-roading.

This is, do it right the first time.

hinkley

It will WORK!!!! Just don't turn any corners and don't flex it!!
Just kidding, I would go with a 4.5 and some triming to do 33's. I am running
a 3" now with 31's and still had to trim around the front. I just got a 4.0 tomken lift and will be changing it out soon.
Big O

cause he's new

Back