• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA ?'s - high speed driving

prerunnerXJ

NAXJA Forum User
im building a jeepspeed chase XJ and i was wondering what all you guys think i should do regarding my control arms. im not building to exact jeepspeed rules (if i go longarms ill cut off the stock LCA mounts) but i would just like to know what you guys think would work best at high speeds through the dessert.

Longarms (either long lower links and short uppers or a radius arm 2-link)

Adj. control arms and drop brackets (i.e. Rubicon express)

or a true short arm 4 link (think currie/jks or total chaos upper and lower llinks)

im running 11.5-12" bilstein 5150s up front and 12" fox remote resivoir shocks in back with a stiff 80 code valving. by the way, my XJ is 2wd so i dont have to worry about my uppers binding on the diff like i heard has happened to the 4wd guys.

thanks

prerunnerXJ said:
im building a jeepspeed chase XJ and i was wondering what all you guys think i should do regarding my control arms. im not building to exact jeepspeed rules (if i go longarms ill cut off the stock LCA mounts) but i would just like to know what you guys think would work best at high speeds through the dessert.

Longarms (either long lower links and short uppers or a radius arm 2-link)

Adj. control arms and drop brackets (i.e. Rubicon express)

or a true short arm 4 link (think currie/jks or total chaos upper and lower llinks)

im running 11.5-12" bilstein 5150s up front and 12" fox remote resivoir shocks in back with a stiff 80 code valving. by the way, my XJ is 2wd so i dont have to worry about my uppers binding on the diff like i heard has happened to the 4wd guys.

thanks

As has been discussed here many times, the real issue with control arms is getting the angles as flat as possible. This can be done by moving the mounts and/or lengthening the arms. If I was only going to do pre-runner type stuff, I'd probably go with the long arms. All the long arm guys love how good the ride is........

:)

Back