• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Testing my new setup in Tellico... pics!

Trail Rated

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally got my lift all finished and headed up to Tellico to spend thanksgiving and test out the new setup. A quick rundown of the goodies: I went with the RE 5.5" lift, but with 3.5" ZJ coils + an extra stock isolater and 3.5" XJ leaves + shackles. I'm getting about 5.5" of lift from this setup. Went with OME shocks and the tires are 34x12.50 Trxus mt's on 15x8's. Took a sledgehammer and rolled in the rear fenders along the body line and trimmed the front ones. I also got me the C-Rok frame plate kit, added a tranny cooler, front Aussie locker, C4x4 shackle brackets up front and rock rails, and a rock lizard belly skid plate. Everything worked great and all the late nights putting it together really paid off. I really need to regear but I wanna swap the rear axle first, then lock it and gear at the same time. Anyways just felt like showing it off, lol. Here's some pics.

Our camp by the river crossing on trail 5
225389054woVJSp_ph.jpg

Little flexin at camp
225389938mNwvLo_ph.jpg

SNOW!
225399990rvxwzN_ph.jpg

More flexin
225399447bXMcYJ_ph.jpg

with those zj coils you have two stock isolators correct. so that is aproximately an 1.5" on the isolators correct? i'm trying to decide wether if i should with the 3.5" or 4.5" zj coils.

thanks

so you got the drop brackets im guessing?

how does it ride?

which axles are locked?

how did you like those trxus? im very interested in them, please elaborate on their performance, on rock, mud, dirt...

please

Forgot to mention the RE hack n' tap with a new driveshaft.

What rear axle do you have now? Chrysler 8.25"

In that last pic on the rocks, is your front spring loose/gapped at the top? Yep

so that is aproximately an 1.5" on the isolators correct? correct. Depends on what size tires you wanna go with, for 35's or bigger i'd get the 4.5", I'll probably add a 1" spacer when I move up to 35's next time around.

so you got the drop brackets im guessing? yes, everything in the 5.5" kit but swapped springs, and upgraded to jks disco's.

how does it ride? It rides really good, better than stock. Steering is a bit loose for my liking, gonna work on that soon.

which axles are locked? The front is Aussie locked.

how did you like those trxus? im very interested in them, please elaborate on their performance, on rock, mud, dirt... I love these tires, I didn't have a problem with traction on the rocks or mud, and it was really wet two of the days at Tellico. I also did some rallying on trail 4 and they grip dirt really well. They're also great on the road and quiet, and I do a lot of highway driving so that was important to me.

Looks like a lot of fun. Isn't the flex from that awesome? Where's your bumper caps?:D

Hope you had a tent heater or good sleepin' bags. That's my kind of camping weather there. Can't stand sleeping in a tent when it is warm outside, but I'll sleep like a baby through a blizzard. Cold blooded I guess.

Looks very nice. I'm thinking along the same lines for my lift. I have a couple questions for you. Instead of stacking spacers could you use ACOS to bring up the front end, or would it end up being too high? What rock sliders are you using?

remember that the ACOS are around an extra 1.25" of lift even adjusted all the way to the minimum.

i put on the acos with my re 4.5 super flex, with full rear leafs and i have them spaced out about a half inch to level it out

I can't wait till I get to go 4x4 off-roadin'. It looks like you guys have fun when you drive like that.

Just to keep it a tech thread, how many splines is the rear output shaft of your transfer case?

Back