• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding in new wells on a 4 door

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
in the thinking process of doing this and ready to try and do it, just would like to see a few pics. i couldnt find any, so if anyone has any pics or advice i would really appreciate it. i am not trying to do anything to extreme, just gain 2-3 more inches of clearance

i did it. i cut it out to within about a 1/2 in of the door opening then re used and patched the front half under the door for the rest i completly cut it out back to the seam in the wheel well and used soem med ga. steel welded back in. TJ flares cover everything just right. any more specific Q?

Liam

got any pics of it? how far back did you take it, as well as how high. any thing there to cause interference, filler neck or anyhting else

I opened mine up a good amount.

Without flare, after paint.
lbb6c

The only pic I have with the flares on.
lwjns

I don't have any pics during the work but I just cut out what I wanted with an air saw, then cut slits in the well and hammered eveything up to the edge and had my dad weld it back up with a torch, because my attempts with an arc welder were not all that impressive. I also cut about 2" below the last angle on the rear quater and then folded the back like a box. Then I filled and re-painted the quarters. My 36's stuff fine into the wells now.

Last edited:
thanks a lot for the pics. i think i will go ahead and trim the rear quarter while i'm at it. what size metal did yall use to make em? if anyone has anymore i owuld love to see them. one other thing, did yall cut them out completely or just weld in new pieces on the gaps

Back