• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lca Install

skylo

NAXJA Forum User
What's the best easiest was to install after market lca. Should it be off the ground or on all fours. I have a three inch lift and just got some lower control arms that are for a lift. Please let me know thanks.

You can do it on all fours. Well, you know what I mean...

There are a couple of ways to get the bolt holes lined up. I like the pipe wrench/floor jack method. Or if you have a helper, you can push the Jeep forward into a wheel chock or curb, and have that person hold the brake.

I put the 'frame' on jackstands and dropped the front wheels. After that, I wrapped a tiedown strap over the pinion, under the tubes and around the bumper and used that and a floorjack to force rotation to lengthen/shorten the distances between control arm mounts.

Agreed on the jackstands on the frame. One thing to watch out for is the axlw wants to move laterally when you take them off, so be careful. The best way to correct this is to carefully turn the steering wheel until you can get the arm to line up, then wrench away! Good luck.

Back