• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear side glass removal??????????

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to remove it without destroying the glass or seal!I dont see an interlocking lip?Is it the "pop-in" style?TIA Ron

I believe it is the pop in kind. It is made like most boat glass seals. The glass gets wedged into the middle of the gasket.

As nervewracking as it sounds, I removed my rear side windows by CAREFULLY pushing on the entire window, especialy on one side, and(since my interior was already gone) used a screwdriver to pry the seal and the window out. I have no idea if this is the best way, but it worked for me.

Yep, just like these guys say. Push it out.

I started from the bottom rear corner and used the glass' flexibility (minimal) for my benefit. Once you get it started just pull on the seal and glass at the same time and pray.

On the other hand, I have 2 spares that you are welcome to should you break one (or both).

Back