• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DTD Axle Seals for D30?

I know billr has them. :D

I honestly dont see a need for them. :confused: Who cares if your axle shafts get dirty? lol

I was more concerned with keeping the water out... Do they not do that? If it's just for dirt - yeah, a waste.

r@m

One of the mags did a write up on them a little while back. They look pretty nice, but I started thinking: I’ve been through water that was over my hood and never got any in the dif. I’ve also never lost any dif fluid, so the factory seals must do a pretty good job of keeping fluid in and water out. If all the axle tube seals do is keep out mud out of the outer shafts, I really don’t care.

That's what they do. They keep the water out of the tube and away from the inner seal. You fill them w/grease and they work..for awhile.
I like the idea, but the durability is a little suspect. I've only had mine a year or so, and one of the rubber boots is gone. It came off last time I pulled the shaft. The rubber stuck to the axle shaft for some reason. The shafts WERE cleaner though.

Back