• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift hight ?

xray

NAXJA Member #1056
just bought my first xj it has been lifted i dont know how much can anyone tell me what are the measurments from the center of the axles to the edge of the mud flaps on a stock 89 2 dr sport thanks in advance

It varies from jeep to jeep.
*how old are the springs/lift? When did the owner say they were installed?
*how much crap is/was carried inside the jeep?
*is it an add-a-leaf, block, shackle, or rear leaf pack?
*new coils? coil spacers?
*what size tires are on it, and do they rub?
(i.e. if you have 33's on it and stock fenders,
and no rubbing, then yes, you definitely have
a good 6" of lift under there)
*what color are the contol arms? (red, silver, black, etc.), are they steel,
tubing, or are they stamped steel? What color are the coils?

Most of us dont have mudflaps, so thats kinda tuff to judge from.

Last edited:
If by "mudflaps" you meant flares, the stock measurements are from the center of the wheel (axle centerline) straight up to the bottom edge of the flare.

Front = 17.5"
Rear = 17.0"

235/15 1 in block and aal rear new coils up front rancho 9000 shocks the only extra weight from tire carrier and brush guard 3500 mi since lift installed

I would venture to say a previous owner installed the 3" kit from Rancho, seeing as the block/aal combo was how i remember them being marketed, with the 9000's as an upgrade option. 235's are a modest tire, and the 3" rancho wouldnt accomidate much more than that.

Just my guess / $.02

By the way, what color are the coils? And are the contol arms (the 4 links which secure the axle to the framerails) stamped pieces of steel, or are they tubing? (round or square?) or something else?

black coils stamped control arms there is plenty of room for larger tires i have a set of 31x 10.5 i am going to put on when i get back to wisconsin wish i was there now so i could measure probably be home in a week or two depending on how this job goes

Back