• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After the fun......

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Okay...

I just got back from a great day of off roading, let me tell you the XJ rocked, BFG M/T's are by far awsome tires, the RE3.5" lift works flawlessly, and my snorkel actually got used (my speaker and sneakers how ever could have used a snorkel.....lol) It was fun no damage and everything went great...

So now, its all muddy in side and out, the carpets are sopping wet, and its time to clean it out, after a nice interior shampoo and wash on the outside, what should I do? what is a good practice to get into once you are finished playin' in the mud and water, besides washing? what should I do mechanically? any hints, tips, or suggestions will be great!!!

Thanks, Jeff

btw, can a forum user post pics???

mud sucks.

:laugh3:

if getting water/mud in the interior is going to be a repeated occurance I would highly suggest ripping the carpet out and bedlinering the interior. if you don't get the carpet 100% dry it will mildew and rust the floor. If all your axle seals are good and breather lines plenty high you shouldn't have water in your axles or t-case, but if you're not confident in those you'll want to check. Marine (boat) speakers are good for not getting wrecked by the elements.

you can't post pics here unless you have them hosted somewhere else.

yes you can post pics, and you need to also. you can use imageshack.us

I always hit all the grease fittings to make sure all the water and dirt is pushed out. This includes all TRE's, Superflex Joints, U-Joints, and Slip Joints. I do this after doing a good high pressure wash of the underside. When cleaning the underside, do not forget to clean between the rear leafs. If you use the local carwash, please be courteous, and spend an extra buck or so to clean the bay floor when your done. Mud sucks because of all this work, but it's still fun.

My routine ...

Les

G.Q. Jeeper said:
Okay...

I just got back from a great day of off roading, let me tell you the XJ rocked, BFG M/T's are by far awsome tires, the RE3.5" lift works flawlessly, and my snorkel actually got used (my speaker and sneakers how ever could have used a snorkel.....lol) It was fun no damage and everything went great...

So now, its all muddy in side and out, the carpets are sopping wet, and its time to clean it out, after a nice interior shampoo and wash on the outside, what should I do? what is a good practice to get into once you are finished playin' in the mud and water, besides washing? what should I do mechanically? any hints, tips, or suggestions will be great!!!

Thanks, Jeff

btw, can a forum user post pics???

...and is this mod tech? What gives?

Lou said:
You'll have to excuse the Canadian accent. I sure he thought this was aboot Mud Tech.

You read my mine EH!

lol, ya I figured that since 90% of all Jeepers do not off road thier Jeep, that this would be a good place to post since its all the mods that are dirty...lol

Actually it is my mistake, since we are talking XJ's and this is a avid XJ board, that 99% of all of us off road, and the other 1% does not, so where should have this been posted? I thought about it too when I did this....

Well atleast I did not go and buy one of those Barbie 4X4's like the Liberty or Escape.....

Thanks for all the help!

Jeff

he was asking about tips to do after all the mud and water, so yeah this is mod tech.

that being said
ttiwwp.png

Good comeback GQ.

Probably the most important thing is to check the differentials and make sure the water didn't get in. I've never had it happen but I've seen it. To be on the safe side, pull the covers and drain the oil. I just run it a while and pull the plug to make sure it's not milky.

It wouldn't hurt to pull the rear wheels and brake drums and wash them out.

I like to do the water thing. I've always thought about putting a .5psi pressure in the diff's through the vent lines to prevent sucking in water.

Now if you could only come up with some way to seal those doors.

dothedew24_7 said:
lol you need pics? c'mon I know you've seen a muddy Jeep! :laugh3:
ha yeah, but i've never had to much in the jeep. and after needing two new hubs a month or so ago, i might just try and keep out of it for a while

Hey Fellas....

I want to post the pics of my XJ, I cannot, and I do not have an account with any of the pic hosts that are out there. If I email them to one of you guys that can post, can I do that? if someone lets me do that I will email some pics of My XJ and the trouble it got into in Grimsby Ontario Canada!

Thanks, Jeff

I took some but the pics came out too bad, and got erased on this computer some how, I only took one anyways.....LOL

We are going to do this trail over again next week and yes the interior will suffer the same I think, oh well time to buy some boots......oh wait pay day is not until next week...oh welll

Back