• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Dana 44 build information

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in need of information concerning building a Dana 44 rear end for an XJ. I've got all the parts, but what I need are the kind of things that you find in a factory service manual, things like torque specs and anything else that's different from a Dana 30 or 35. If anyone knows of a website with complete building instructions specific to the Dana 44 that would be great too. I've got a factory service manual for my 1994 XJ, but since that year wasn't available with a Dana 44 there's not anything in there about it. I had hoped that I'd be able to go to my local dealer and make photo copies of a few pages out of their service manual since I don't want to buy a whole manual just for a few pages of information, but the local dealership won't even let me look at their manual! I guess that they're afraid that I'll do things for myself and not pay their outrages prices!

Robert

Back