• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one link?

never seen it on an XJ. you will need a low COG, center limiting strap, and long arm to keep your anti-squat under control. You will also need a BEEFY joint for the attachment, like a 2" heim. Check the Pirate board, there's lots going around on the so-called one links. If/when I link my rear, I will do it with a one link.

I'm having a hard time picturing this "one link" thing...
you mean instead of a 4 or 3 link rear suspension, you only have ONE control arm?!? How the hell do you keep the axle from wrapping, rotating, walking, steering itslef, etc etc etc. ?

uh... something sounds just a little weird.

Maybe im not getting it?

Pirate is down...
Though I'd check in here for a bit. Looks like all the old timers are gone though.
I just don't see the unibody taking the stress of a one link. Thinking about trying it on mine since it's about crapped out anyway (next owner will be the junkyard- so much for the 462nd XJ ever built!). But I'm not sure about a heim, I like the grader ball setup.
Low C of G?? Hmmm don't really think so, just slap in some full width 60's, stretch the wb a bit.. A set of long arms in front with the one link rear, might be pretty mean.

a good traction bar with leafs will actually see just as much stress and anti-squat as a one-link. it's the same principle, both are essentially a radius arm.

just a little something to chew on, since everyone seems to bash the one link, but everybody loves the traction bars.

sweetjeep said:
Honestly, I fail to see the advantage.. Why would you use this style?

it will "loosen up" the rear suspension and allow it to flex a great deal more than leaf springs will.. allowing it to be more"active" and articulate a lot better... not sure if i like it though, but thats the idea..

Back