• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference between RE 3.5" for D35 & C8.25?

jma

NAXJA Forum User
I have a complete RE 3.5" SuperRide with springpacks for my 98 mod Cherokee. But, maybe i`m selling my car, and buy an older XJ with 4.0 and auto (my has an 2.5 manual). And a new car may have the Dana 35 instead of C8.25. Will i be able to fit the liftkit on an XJ with D35?

jma said:
I have a complete RE 3.5" SuperRide with springpacks for my 98 mod Cherokee. But, maybe i`m selling my car, and buy an older XJ with 4.0 and auto (my has an 2.5 manual). And a new car may have the Dana 35 instead of C8.25. Will i be able to fit the liftkit on an XJ with D35?
1st off, it's not a car.

As for the difference between the two kits, the difference is in the leaf spring U-bolts. the 8.25 has bigger axle tubes than the D35.

Keep the kit and get new U-bolts.

Sorry, i meant JEEP!!!!!!!
So its only the U-bolts, good thing! Thanks Terry!

Okie Terry said:
1st off, it's not a car.

OK, I noticed the "car" thing as well. I also don't like when people call it "my truck". Minme might ride like a truck - but it isn't a truck. :wierd:

So I looked twice, 'cuase there was something else about the sentence structure...

He's from Norway! Cut him some slack. How's your Norweigian (probably misspelled - so we know MINE is for crap! :laugh3: )

Yeah man - it's a Jeep! Whole whole seperate breed of vehicle. Just like a Harley is NOT a motorcycle.

Enjoy your Jeep! Shame you can';t keep the 8.25 from the first one and put it under the new one. The 8.25 is stronger. Depending on where you want to go with your Jeep (both literally AND in modifications) you'd be better with the 8.25 for harder stuff and bigger tires.

bburge

bburge said:
Just like a Harley is NOT a motorcycle.
I agree.
Harleys are bolt dropping, oil spilling, noise polluting, superficial, lawyer and doctor toting, pieces of crap. :looser: !

And yes, i know i'll probably :hang: for this...

Sadly you are reasonably correct - just like most Jeeps are yuppie totin', grocery getting, freeway clogging, soccor haulin' SUV's.

But there are the classics. Us, and the low slung Sportster 1000. When I can find an old one and convince my girlfriend that "no, it's NOT the same" AND "no, it's not just another impactical project vehicle". I'll get one. :wave:

bburge

the most what ?

I`ve got a Harley too! And it`s not leaking, or being crappy.
And yes..i`m from Norway :)

Back