• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did search, need advice on wheel backspacing.

Planetcat

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search, but didn't find anything specific to my situation. I impulse bought some new American Eagle 102's for $279 off eBay. After buying them, I looked at the website and they have a 3.25" backspacing and -30 mm offset. I currently run Goodyear MT/R's in 32x11.5" on black rockrawlers w/3.75" backspacing. Does anyone know if that 1/2" less backspacing will cause me any new rubbing problems with the existing MT/R's on them. Fenders and flares are already trimmed. Thanks in advance. Smart A***'s need not reply.

Last edited:
It's not going to make a whole bunch of difference since you have already trimmed. May need a hair more trimming on the fenders, or a little more bumpstop, but I wouldn't stress. I had 3.75" BS AR36's on the wife's XJ and 3.25" BS AE 186's on mine, and I love the stability of the 3.25". Not a huge difference, but every little bit counts. Was that price on the 102's with shipping? That is a pretty good price on the 102's (streetlock version of the 101's right?) I would love to get some 101's for the wife's XJ.

GottaBeJeep said:
It's not going to make a whole bunch of difference since you have already trimmed. May need a hair more trimming on the fenders, or a little more bumpstop, but I wouldn't stress. I had 3.75" BS AR36's on the wife's XJ and 3.25" BS AE 186's on mine, and I love the stability of the 3.25". Not a huge difference, but every little bit counts. Was that price on the 102's with shipping? That is a pretty good price on the 102's (streetlock version of the 101's right?) I would love to get some 101's for the wife's XJ.
Thanks for the comfort on the backspacing. I'll have them mounted and cross my fingers. The shipping on the wheels was $89. A bit high, but still in for $92 a wheel out the door. The guy that sells them on ebay is Mike at www.phxwheel.com. He's in phoenix, AZ. These are sweet wheels and I can't wait to get them. There are other comparable deals on eBay right now for wheels, too.

I am running a RE 3.5 with 32 GY MTR's and 3.25BS (american racing Baja's).

If you already trimmed, you will be fine. I like the way they look better than the 3.75 and you won't hit your control arms as a bonus if ya were.

Jason

i have 5" on 32's and 4"bs and dont rub the LCA and the tires tuck pretty well into the fender, as long as the wheel is pointed stright anyway, bent my fender up pretty good last weekend, need to trim more, but i've barely trimmed anything as of now.

Jason

Back