• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP 205 in an XJ

90KrawlerXJ

NAXJA Member #1067
Does anyone have any experience with fitting an NP 205 T-case into an XJ. I'm using a '79 Ford case w/ driver's front output. Power is going to a Ford style D60 front. I'd like to know about a working linkage set-up. Also, I'm wondering about a X-member, I plan on a long-arm lift and plenty of unibody "framerail" reinforcement. I'll be running a 383 SBC and a T350 trans. Why buy when you can create!

A friend of mine put a Klune/205 in his xj with AX15 stick. The crossmember was kind of bulky, but it did mount the combo. I guess I don't have the details of how he got it all to fit other than cut holes where needed. I might be able to come up with a few pics for you if you tell me where to email them. Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
A friend of mine put a Klune/205 in his xj with AX15 stick. The crossmember was kind of bulky, but it did mount the combo. I guess I don't have the details of how he got it all to fit other than cut holes where needed. I might be able to come up with a few pics for you if you tell me where to email them. Jeff

Jarvis?
That rig is silly-slow!

Yes. And as for the silly slow part, I kind of think it was too slow. I'm sure it was a combination of factors, but I was able to easily traverse some things with my 6" and 33x10.5 AT's with stock t-case gears that he was a bit shaky on with his 36" swampers and ax15/klune/205 when we were out west for BOTW '02. Most of it was his height and squishy rubber, but I wasn't necessarily sold on the super slow gear. However, with my 35's I am desiring a bit lower gearing in low range when descending hills and trying to crawl big rocks. I wish I had a 4:1 in the T-case along with a 2.72:1. His super slow would have been 4:1 x 1.98:1 or 7.92:1 along with his 4.56:1 axle gears and 36" swampers. BTW I use the term WAS, because he tore the truck up this summer and has now dismantled what was left and is building a YJ. Jeff

Back