• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keyless remote p/n??

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone out there happen to know what the part number for the keyless entry remote for a 96 xj is?? Thanks.

im sorry i havent a clue as to the part number.but i have a question for you if you dont mind, or anybody who reads this.i live in the uk and have a 95xj 2.5 sport.[ex us military import.]it has 3 different security systems on it.one has packed up.and immobilised the engine.i cant determine which system is the root of the problem,local experts stand there scratching there heads.all they can suggest is disconnect each system one at a time[permanently.possibly leaving me with no security whatsoever.have you or anybody you know ever had security probs or any suggestions .plz post reply many thanks ....................carl j ,uk

Help

No one has the keyless remote, that can give me the part number???

Well, there are 2 versions of the '96 remote. The newer one is RF and the older one Infra-Red (IR).

To tell the difference, look inside your Jeep between the sun visors. If there is a module, with a small, dark red dome (1/2" diameter maybe) pointing down, then you have the IR Remote. If this isn't there you have RF remote (or no remote).

The IR remote is part # 56009031.

The IR remote was used on the 1993 to 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Country editions. They are $112 at the dealership. Best place to find ones are Ebay, where new they sell for $70 or less, and used $30 or more. You need to program your Jeep to respond to the new remote, look in your users manual for the instructions.

The RF remote is part # 56008761, 56008762.

The RF remote comes in 2 types, Remote entry #1 and #2. I'm not sure of the difference. They list for about $57 each at the dealership. These are on eBay as well.

Oh, and the part number is not on the remote, which is why this wasn't an EZ answer.........

Your welcome.

Thanks

Thank kbeckman, That is what i was afraid off i need the infrared one. Yuck Yuck Yuck. I don't feel like dropping that much cash on something like a remote. Ha Yea i am strapped for cash. So unless i run across a real deal i can see my self using the key. Thanks alot for the numbers and info. Nick

I always wondered what that thing was between the sunvisors. Thats been bugging me for the past year:anon:

Justin

REMOTES!

56009031 =$74.09 + SHIPPING. NEW NEVER USED!
56008761 + 56008762 both supercede to 56021903AA and they are $23.38 + shipping from me! The difference between the two part numbers is for the consumer. The remotes were different colors for two different drivers for the memory feature. When driver one remote was triggered all settings that were memory controlled would set to driver one preferences. If driver two triggered then it would shift to that. The engineers thought consumers were dumb! Anyway if you need remotes pm me!:bunny:

IR Remote for sale

I have an IR remote for my '96 Cherokee for sale. Actually, I believe I have them both. My car was stolen last month and I've moved on to a '97.

$25 to your door.

Joe

Awesome site, looks like mine is no longer available and there are no instructions for it though... hope rescuehound has a different version from me!

I'm ripping my whole RKE setup out and building something better soon anyways, so it doesn't particularly matter to me.

Back