• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bassett Beadlock Wheels

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Anyone have any experience with them? I have been looking for a 15 x 8, 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern. I just found this company on the internet and the price seems right (better than any of the "name brands"). They mostly make wheels for NASCAR and roundy-round racing, but they also have some nice beadlock rims. The wheels weigh 22.5 Lbs each, so they are fairly light too. Opinions? Experiences?

Check them out at www.bassettwheels.com. They are based out of Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Andy

Someone did the research a few years ago and I believe they opted out because of the rim thickness and the lock ring thickness. For some reason I was thinking they were only like a 15 bolt ring too??????

I would compare that to one of the other wheels that are common. Allieds?

I would imagine that they need to be plenty strong to hold up to NASCAR type racing. It is an 18 bolt pattern for the beadlock rings. Although they may be a consumable for that type of racing too. I think I'll dig a little deeper to make sure I don't bend them the first time out. Any other experience/info?

Thanks
Andy

in cicle track it's all about wieght, and like you say consumables, the racer I build for has a pile of old bent wheels, I also think the 32 bolt design is important for offroading.

Circle track wheels are build light weight for performance and to act as a crumple zone. They act as the fusable link for the suspension. Hit the wall and hope the wheel (cheap) bends instead of the expensive, harder to replace stuff like knuckles, tie-rods, a-arms, frame rails, etc

Back