• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new drive shaft w/ sye

thompson97

NAXJA Forum User
alright, i just installed a jb conversions heavy duty sye on my 231.
next is the ford 8.8. my question: what size u joints does the jb conversion kit and the u-joint adapter for the 8.8 use? 1310's, 1330's, or could i get 1350's in there? i dont know if the 8.8 adapter is from M.O.R.E. or not. i do know that it is a spicer piece though.

as far as the differential end, should i use the adapter, or should i just get tom woods to hook it up with a flange end?

thanks everyone.

the normal jb conversions xj sye kit is set up for a 1310 u-joint. most explorer 8.8's use a 1330 u joint. if the 8.8 already has the u-joint flange and you are getting a custon driveshaft, you can get 1330 at one end and 1310 at the cv end. then you'll have to carry two size spare u-joints. if you want 1310 at both ends you need spicer pn 2-2-1379 for the axle u-joint flange. if you want bigger u joints at both ends check into a fs bronco driveshaft. get the driveshaft, transfer case yoke, and axle u-joint flange. don't hold me to this, but i believe the bronco yoke is 32 spline (same as JB) and the axle flange should bolt to the 8.8. it should all bolt in. i do have 1st hand experience on everything but the bronco driveshaft.
matthew

Back