• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumpstops ?

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
(cross post for those on CO XJ, sorry)

trying to determine if it is worth the money to get the RE 3" extended bumpstops for my coils as i go up to 5.5", cuz i'm seeing these posts about just using hockey pucks.

if it works just the same i'm all for saving money, but is there any advantage to using the real deal?

thanks.

JB weld held the pucks on my 91 for a couple of years until I sold it so they might still be on it. The problem I found was when I wanted to add a factor coil isolator to the passager side to help with some sag and relized that I couldn't get the coil out without knocking off the pucks and glueing them back in place.

I'd imagine that the RE bumpstops use a long bolt thru the middle to hold it in place?

Seems to me that you could certainly use hockey pucks, drill thru the middle, and stack 'em, countersink the bolt head in the top puck, then drill and tap a hole in the center of the spring perch for the long bolt to thread into and that should make a fairly stout bumpstop system that holds in place, but is removeable when having to remove the spring.

My 2 pennies anyway...... :dunno:

whats a bump stop????? just get longer shocks :wierd:
Led

knobby97 said:
I've got a new set if you are interested, came with my kit but I already had a set on the axle.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind. send me a PM w/ what you want for 'em and where you're located...

Back