• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Cooler line question

jlake1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to cool a ford C6 using a stock (brand new replacement) radiator. What is the size of the threads on the upper nipple? Is it a regular -AN style fitting? Also, has anyone had any luck just running hose and aircraft clamps over the lower fitting?

Thanks,
Jay

I think you think that we're smarter than we are. What are the odds that someone who reads this forum within a days time will know the fitting type and size of the radiator......and you haven't even said what vehicle the C6 and radiator are from.

Maybe............or not.

:)

Sorry that my expectations were too high....although it was 6 days, not 1. The C6 is from an 86 Bronco, and has 1/4" NPT threads. My question concerned the radiator. The radiator is a stock replacement 91 XJ.....I guess I should have specified that, although if it wasn't an XJ model, I wouldn't have posted it on NAXJA.

My bad.

Jay

The top fitting on the 89 - 90 radiator requires a 3/8 short Nut which should be available at most hardware stores - its the same nut used on most lines from oil tank to home oil burners. You will need to flare a piece of tubing if the original one is frozen to the nut (as the one I replaced last week was)

Back